Monday, September 22, 2008

Salt Lake trip...A day in the shop with Grandpa, and DIY home decor pics!

So, this is a very long post with lots of fun pictures! First, we went to Salt Lake two weeks ago and visited Temple Square and Hogle Zoo. It was so much fun to get away for a couple days and just hang out and not have to be anywhere! While we were up there, we met some friends and did some shopping at the Gateway and ate some delicious sushi for dinner! Just a side note, JJ does NOT like the Hibachi grill, the fire freaked him the heck out! All in all, it was a really fun and relaxing trip! I threw a couple pictures of JJ with Grandpa Campbell just out of the wood shop! JJ loves to be with his grandpa, whether its on the porch swing or sittin on the table in the wood shop "helping" grandpa build things! I love the pictures of these two hams.. And, last but not least, tonight I finished my latest HGTV inspirational project (haha).. I am an HGTV freak, and I think that I actually have the same ability as the designers to do the same things! Well, I decided I wanted to paint my fireplace brick wall.... I haven't put the decorations up on the brick yet.. but you guys can be honest and tell me what you think! I think it actually turned out pretty cool looking... I'm satisfied!
This coming week is going to be a busy one.. JJ has his very first day of "daycare" on Wed ( Pray for me!!!), and on Saturday, we are going to Vegas just to stay the night and spend Sunday with Jeff's family, they are all so excited to see JJ and it should be a nice little getaway! Atleast for a day!

We left for Salt Lake at 9 p.m. on Saturday, we figured it would be best so that JJ could just go to sleep..... It seemed like a spectacular idea, until , after sleeping for 4 straight hours, when we got to the hotel, JJ wouldn't go back to sleep until 4 a.m! So, next time we take a trip, it will be in the broad daylight..............
But, he does look stinkin' CUTE in his Hulk jammies! I love this kid..
Heres daddy and JJ on the train ride at the zoo.... look at his fake smile! hehe
Me and my little man... I was trying to get JJ to give a funny cheezy face too, but instead I just ended up looking like an idiot!
JJ in his new alligator hat! I think it was a little too big.....
Daddy and JJ throwing pennies into the reflection pool at Temple Square
I tried for a cute pic.... isn't my husband sexy??!! haha

Daddy and JJ sitting in the gorillas lap, after this picture was done, we decided to have some fun with the gorilla... JJ was looking at us like we were nuts!!!! Jeff posing in true form! hahaha typical man :) I don't even have anything to say.

He is practicing for when he is a model!

JJ and mommy at the giraffes... well if mommy wasn't standing in front of them, you could see them... this picture was taken at the end of our VERY long zoo trip.... do you like the red sweaty face! It was freakin hot in Salt Lake that weekend!!!

I thought this was a cool picture... The week after we left, there was a story on the news that one of these two elephants dies later that weekend! I'm not sure which one, but how sad!
I totally dig this hippo picture! You can get so close to them.....
Just hanging out in the cave under the elephants and hippos
Here's JJ givin us the good ol' cheezy face! He loved the snake and didn't want to leave it!
We put JJ on the back of the lions, at first he freaked out cause he thought they were real, it was so funny! But once he was on, he had no intentions of getting off, needless to say, the camera got turned off for momma to open up a can of whoop.... well, you get it.. he threw a catastrphic fit after having to dismount the gold lion!

Ahhhhh... a long day at the zoo ended! How funny is it that he totally fell asleep with his legs crossed!

JJ and his "Gampa" after a long hard day workin in the shop! These two are definetly peas in a pod!

How dirty can a kid get?!?!


Here it is, my painted fireplace! Ignore, please the 70's orange tile that is the hearth! I have some extra kitchen tiles that will be replacing that beautiful tile.... O sad day to see it go. But, back to fireplace.....
What do ya think.. success??? I think I am totally diggin' it.... Onto another project.......

8 comments:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Looks like alot of fun! JJ sure is growing up. He is so cute. Your wall looks good! I can't wait to do some of those projects when we get a home.

rickellespinoza said...

honey, i hate to break it to ya, that hippo is actually a rhino.... nut on the up side the fireplace looks great! haha

Lenzi said...

OK everyone...I have been called out by my genuis friend rickell! Haha... it sure takes a retard like me to think that a rhino would actually be called a hippo! Wow.... I need a nap. Thanks Rickell!

Mandy said...

congrats on your new job. it sounds awesome. looks like you guys have been keeping busy and having alot of fun. good job on the fireplace too!

Brad and Leslie said...

Is that the same fireplace?! I never would have guessed! It looks really good!

Benson Family said...

Fireplace looks great! The zoo can be so fun with your kids--y'all need to come to SC and go to our awesome zoo--we even have Koalas now.

Emily said...

Love it! See, you can do it! haha. Love ya

Talli said...

love the fire place nice work! I have a ZOO post too isn't it so fun! Braxton sleeps with his hands behind his head like your little stud-they look like such big men when they do that don't they?!:) Miss ya girl-looks like all is well in you neck of the woods!