Monday, January 12, 2009

My recipe for 'crack'

Accalaids to Shawna, who has officially named my blog! I have been asked by many to post the recipe for these babies.. It has been very flattering having everyone telling me how yummy these cinnamon rolls are.. I took a basic recipe and a very confusing and involoved recipe and married them together to create these bad boys.. Once you make them, you will never go back. They will be requested at every party, dinner, sunday night treat, and pretty much any other time there is a reason to eat your weight in sugar. Enjoy



Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients (dough):
1 quart Whole milk
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup Sugar
2 pkgs. Active dry yeast
9 cups All purpose flour
1 heaping tsp. Baking powder
1 scant (just less than full) tsp. baking soda
1 heaping Tbs. Salt

Ingredients (filling)
1 1/2 - 2 cups Melted butter
1 cup Sugar
Cinammon

Ingredients (Icing)
1 bag Powdered sugar (2 Lb. bag)
2 tsp Maple flavoring
1/2 cup Whole milk
1/4 cup Melted butter
1/4 cup brewed coffee**
** I use 2 oz of Stirling's brand flavor syrup. You can find it in specialty stores. If you don't have access to the syrup, you can always visit your local coffee shop and ask if you can purchase 2 oz. of "coffee royal" flavoring. All the flavor, none of the coffee!
1/8 tsp salt


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large stew pot, combine 1 qt. milk, 1 cup vegetable oil and 1 cup sugar. Sclad the mixture, heating just before boiling point. Revmove from heat and let sit 45 min - 1 hr. When the mixture is luke warm, NOT HOT, sprinkle 2 pkgs (2 Tbls.) Active dry yeast. Let the yeast sit for a minute and get moist. Then add 8 cups of the flour. Stir mixture together and let sit for atleast 1 hour.
Aftter 1 hour, the dough will have raised. Now add 1 more cup of flour, 1 heaping tsp. baking powder and 1 'scant' tsp. baking soda and 1 heapinf Tbl. salt.
Stir the mixture together. At this point you can either make the cinnamon rolls or put the dough in the fridge for up to two days.

When you are ready to make the rolls:

Sprinkle surface of counter with flour. Take HALF of the dough and roll into a rectangle shape. Drizzle 1 1/2 - 2 cups of melted butter, then 1 cup of sugar. Followed by a generous amount of cinnamon.. Pile it on baby!
Starting at the opposite end, roll the dough tightly towards you. Some of the mixture will probably seep out, but its ok. Pinch the seam of the roll to seal it.
Spray pans with non stick cooking spray. (Half of my dough takes up about 3- 9x13 pans). Cut the roll into 3/4 - 1 inch thick rolls and place in pan. Repeat the process with the other half of the dough.
Let the rolls sit 20-30 mintues to rise, and then bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 mintues.

While the rolls are baking, make the icing:
In a mixing bowl, add your powdered sugar. To this add 2 tsp. maple flavoring, 1/2 cup Milk, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup brewed coffe (Or coffee flavored syrup) and 1/8 tsp salt. Wisk together for a thick creamy YUMMY icing!

When the rolls are LIGHT golden brown, take them out of the oven. As soon as you take them out, drizzle your maple icing over the cinammon rolls and enjoy! I perfer just a drizzle of the icing, too much is overpowering. Its totally up to you and your own individual taste :)

I hope someone makes these so you can give me some feedback on how they turned out!



5 comments:

Shawna said...

The crack dealer is never supposed to give away his identity. Now you let the cat out of the bag. I dont want to make my own crack, I want you to make it and buy it from you in a dark alley in Hurricane. It makes them more exciting to eat. Speaking of crack Im feeling like its about time for another fix, Wednesday is coming up fast you know. hahahahahah(that is totally a joke, dont you dare bring them to my house!! I will lock my self in my room!!)

Brad and Leslie said...

Wow - I can't wait to make these!

Benson Family said...

Can I just say they sound sinfully delicious! I wish I lived out there so that I could try them and not have to make them myself. : )

Teah said...

I am so excited because I have been looking for a good cinnamon roll recipe and these look amazing!!

Talli said...

Sounds sooooo yummy!!! They look low in fat also right:) Thay also look hard to make-I am a bit scared! But I will try some day 4 sure!