Monday, January 19, 2009

Bath time, Before & After, and our Holiday weekend....

The holiday weekend has been SO nice! I had (most) Saturay off, Sunday and today! Its been so nice being home with JJ and feeling like being just a mom and nothing else has been awesome! We started off the weekend with some UFC fight night at our house with friends. It wasn't that great because Rich Franklin lost and that didn't make me happy, he got totally jipped.. But that's a story for another day! Moving on to Sunday, I must admit, I REALLY was not in the mood for church. You know when you have those days when your so uncomfortable in your dress and your hot and just hate sitting there! If it wasnt for having the lesson in Nursery, I woulda ditched! We had some friends invite us to the park and a BBQ, which made it even that much harder to go.. But in the end, I was glad I did, it was a nice meeting. After church, my niece Kolbey invited us to be with her when she reciever her Patriarcle blessing. It was a sweet blessing and such a spiritual experience to be there. Thanks Kolbs for including us in your VERY special day! The rest of Sunday kind of flew by since we have the crappy time (1-4)!

Today, I had the bug to redecorate a place in my home I have been itching to do... Pictures will follow! My sister and brother in law and kids also came up today and visited. We had a yummy lunch prepared by mom, of course :), and just kind of hung out. It was nice to catch up and visit. JJ loved Jax the dog! Aunt Leslie let him hold the leash and take him for a walk, he was in doggy heaven! I hope everyone had a GREAT 3 day weekend :) Happy blogging....


I just thought this was a cute pic to share! JJ is LOVIN him some bubbles lately!



So. here follows my weekend project. I decided that I was so done with the orange on one of my main walls.. Don't let the pic fool you, I DID NOT have neon orange on my walls! It was more of a deep rustic, but I was tired of not using my awsome armoire for something more.. beautiful. Not just movies and books.... So.. I went to the local thrift stores and DI.....

BEFORE


And.. AFTER!



I found all this white china at DI and LOVED the idea of displaying it! I also give credit to a blog I follow religiously "JOYS OF HOME". You can see the link on my page. She has pretty much decorated her whole home with thrifty buys, and I love her creativity. I have to admit, I stole the empty picture frame idea from her. I love it so much, I am really starting to like the ecclectic and more odd sense of style, like thrift store mis matched furniture for my home, which means I have some MAJOR redecorating to do :) My taste has changed and I am on the journey to change it.. I also changed up the wall color to a muted oatmeal. I did this little change for... sit down.... $16.00!!!!! I am going to try and find some tall white vases to put on the little tables on the side and stick some black rustic stick in... SOOO.. waddaya think?!?!

9 comments:

Joy said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Only one minor suggestion: I would move the large matching vases to the bottom shelf (if they fit there). Because of their size and color they carry a lot of weight visually. That little move would make your display more balanced. Other than that, it looks just perfect!
And you KNOW how I love empty frames!!!! Although, I'm warning you now, someone is going to ask you what you plan on putting in your empty frames. ;~)

Jon & Bridget said...

I totally thought of that blog when I saw this. Great job!!! I love it. I need to start doing stuff with my house now that the holidays are over. I will have to go check out di.

April said...

I am impressed!!! Great job Lenz!!!

Kasey said...

It looks great Lenz!! and by the way I am in love with that big black cupboard! If you're ever lookin to get rid of it be sure to send it my way!!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

I love it! You have great talent in decorating. Also I never told you thank you for your christmas card and goodies. They were so good!

The Johnson Five said...

K...fancy lady!! That is way cute...you have a little knack for decorating! It looks awesome!!

Melissa said...

Hey Lenzi! I added your blog to mine, hope that is okay. ;-) How are you guys doing? I have started my blog, but it's not fully done yet, just beginning. lol. I love your blog it's so dang cute! I hope you guys are doing well. Luv ya. Melissa

Talli said...

You have MY hutch:) I have the matching dining table, chairs & bar stools-we have good taste! Looks beautiful! Hope you are doing well!

Barney Family said...

Hey girl great job on that, it looks very classy with a touch of the "at Home" look, i love it! Wow and that china; I can't believe you found that at the di; i guess i need to make a trip over there more often! I do give you credit with putting up the china, i guess i would be too nervous my lil Tylar would get to it. You go girl!