Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Eve 2008

So this year was pretty low key for us, we decided to stay home with the kids and have movie night! Of course, we had to start our festivities off the night before with a little of this...

And of course, New Years Eve cannot exist without soma this....

And who can watch a movie without this yummy stuff... mmmmm
Then, we popped in a little of this guy....

And, of course, what kid can watch a movie without this purty???

A tent is not a true tent without 25 pillows and 25 blankets... and popcorn!!!
While the kids were enjoying their viewing pleasure.. Mom cracked the whip on these darlings..

I just had to give you a shot of this.. Is it hormones, or does everyone else eat Oreo Cakesters while they are baking homemade cinnamon rolls????

The kiddos enjoying some tent time.. Man I make one helluva' tent, if I do say so myself!

As the ball dropped.. Dad had already dropped! I guess we wore him out! Doesn't he look cute with gingerbread men wrapped around his neck keeping him all cozy and warm?

At this point, these cinamon rolls were becoming a bit time consuming.......


But in the end.... nothing made New Years Eve Day better than these homemade maple icing babies waiting for me in the mornin'!


They were enjoyed by all.... I was warned to never bring them to my friends house again... she said they were kinda like crack.. just calling her name from the kitchen counter.. That's the best compliment I ever got on my cookin!


I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! I hope that this year brings nothing but happiness and blessings to you all!! I wish for you, my family and dear friends, prosperity, joy, wealth beyond measure ( and I don't mean the bling bling kind), pure happiness and peace. I know we all have our rough days, and living in this economic time can be challenging, and at times, feel impossible. But I have a true testimony that we will all make it through this. I am a firm believer that that which does not kill you, only makes you stronger! For some, it is harder than for others, but I believe we all feel the trying times on our own levels. Let this year be the best.. and for hell's sake, can someone actually keep their new years resolution to "LOSE WEIGHT" so I dont' have to!?!!?
There are so many things I want to accomplish this year, some more personal than others, and I will spare you the details! My number one resoultion that I really hope to keep is to keep in touch better with all my family and friends, make my relationships closer, and surround myself with people that bring the best in me out...
Happy New Year to all... and to all a GOOD NIGHT!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Lenz your awsome. Thanks for the fun girl time today, its fun getting to know more about you. And Im glad you liked my compliment about your buns being like crack. Although Ive never had crack myself I can imagine its kinda like that. We totally need to play more often

rickellespinoza said...

awww that sounds like a great night. Bentley and Chloe would have LOVED that fort!

Brad and Leslie said...

You're a good ball. But seriously - I need that cinnamon roll recipe. Those look so good!

Oh - so I bit the dust on New Years Eve. Brad used a little too much vinegar when he mopped the floors. I can running around the corner (in socks) into my bathroom and literally flew in the air. The kids were on my bed watching TV - Trevor asked me if I was ok. Zoë said 'Did you see her fly? Of course she's not ok!' That made me laugh, but they had to go get Brad to help me up! :)

LaAna said...

Hey you! Glad you stopped by to say Hi! It's always fun to see how the old gang is doing now. Your family is adorable and you sound good. We are living it up here in tree land - a bit of change from Vegas for sure. Keep in touch and I'll do the same. Happy 2009!