Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Finally...Our Christmas Festivities!

This year Christmas was perfect! We started off the festivities by putting up Christmas lights on our house. This is the first year we have ever done them, and it really made me feel like we were "home" for the first time since we have been married! On Christmas Eve, we had our annual "go to Grandma and Grandpa's" night.. The kids all got jammies and blankets.. SURPRISE! This year was especially fun because Grandma and Grandpa decided to get individual gifts for each grandchild and child instead of family gifts..They got Jeff and I a start on our food storage and gave us two months worth for four people, they also gave us the chart of what to buy every month to keep building it! We really loved that, we have been wanting to start it so bad, and they really gave us a head start! I can't believe how much they got for everyone, remember, thats 6 married kids and twenty somethin' grandkids! Thanks mom and dad, we LOVE you! After we opened gifts, Lisa I and the kids decorated sugar cookie ornaments. It was a fun night, and we didn't get home until about 10 pm.. we came home and really didn't do much, just the normal get showered and ready for bed and JJ was down for the Christmas morning count....


JJ was VERY excited to open gifts on Cristmas Eve, he was 'helping' grandpa hand them all out :)

We drew names this year, as we do every year, and Spencer drew JJ.. He was SO excited to buy JJ a gift, and as you can see, JJ was So excited that Spencer drew his name.. he LOVES Spencer!


Here we are making our sugar cookie ornaments... you know none of them got to the tree.. wierd.


JJ creating his masterpiece..
You can see in this picture that JJ was eating the decorations as I was putting them on.. this child is not crafty.. AT ALL!
Here is our finished green... snowman.



Christmas morning was so nice because we slept in until 9 oclock! JJ's not to the age yet where he wakes us up at all hours of the morning.. thank goodness! We had a good time opening presents with our little guy, it was just us three this year and it was very chill..just the way I like it!
Can you see Jeff holding JJ's arms down... it's cause we couldn't keep him away from the presents, and I needed a Chrsitmas morning photo op before he was touchin those presents!


The first present was opened, and you can see that I have no others until he is playing with the toys.. There was no taking pictures during that time as I was containing JJ's excitement and catching the paper as he flung it in the air for 30 straight minutes.... Down below is the ultimate Tool Bench gift, that he is in love with! He wouldnt stop playing with it, it was so fun because 'Santa' and I put it together on Christmas Eve, and brought it out all put together, it was so fun to play the fun part of the parent! He got so many presents, I can't even start, besides the fact that his birthday was 6 days ago.. This kids got it knocked!

Do you like that in the background there are still presents to be opened? Once he saw this, it was over... Until the Nerf gun got opened, then EVERYTHING else was invisible!
I totally LOVE this picture because I love the swirlie in his hair from sleeping.. that is the classic Christmas morning hair do!


Here is mom ( looking gorgeous if I do say so myslef, in her makeup from the day before) holding her loot.. Santa brought me an Ipod touch! I LOVE IT!! It is so fun.. Jeff got me some pretty rocking presents this year, I hope my gifts to him compared...

Here he is, holding the big one.. I got him a Giants team jacket and a Giants sweatshirt with flannel jammie pants.. He loves them :)

All in all, we had an awesome day, and I was SO sad to see it leave...but there is always next year, right???!?!?!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!

3 comments:

April said...

My favorite is the pic of JJ with chipmunk cheeks because he has so much cookie in his mouth!! hahahaha!! Thanks so much for doing Broc's hair! He loves it when you do his hair! You are awesome! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

PS-Those treats were yummy!!!

Nick/Syd said...

Fun! Your tree is really pretty. I wish I had some yummy decorated sugar cookies.

Shawna said...

I cant believe how much JJ looks like Jeff in that pic where he is holding him on his lap. They are two cute boys