Sunday, June 1, 2008

Goose egg and decorations....

So, it's random post time! I have a couple things to talk about so.... First of all, I have this friggin awesome recipe for all you summer pasta salad lovers! (I happen to be one of 'em, so this is my new favorite!) So here's the recipe..write it down and MAKE IT! You will become addicted... Second, I have a few pictures of JJ's recent fall off of a mattress..yes it left quite the goose egg, the pictures don't do it justice! And last but not least, I have posted some pictures of my new house and two areas that I am super proud of! We painted our whole house brown, with the exception of one wall in the living room that we painted burnt orange, and a half wall in JJ's room the same orange... So check em out and let me know what you think! Sorry this blog is REALLY long, I hope you stopped by my page with a little time to spare!!!

YUMMY SUMMER PASTA SALAD

6-8 Chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
(I use a whole rotisseri chicken from costco all cut up, its the best!)
1- 12 oz bag cooked bowtie pasta
2 C mayo
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp. ginger (No more than this, or the taste gets too strong)
1 bunch green onions
4-5 celery ribs, finely chopped
2-3 green apples, finely chopped
Red seedless grapes (As many as you like)
2 small cans mandarine oranges, drained
1- 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained ( I leave a little juice so the apples don't turn brown, and it gives the salad a more moist consistancy)
Sliced almonds or pecans (Optional) I don't use the nuts myself, I like a more summery fruity taste, and I think the nuts make it more..well nutty!

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta. I always put the pineapple in first so that when I cut the apples into the bowl, they don't turn brown! I cut all the fruits and veggies by hand, but as I was typing this, I thought you could probably use a food processor and chop them in there! It would save a lot of hand muscle!
After everything is in, add the COOLED and DRIED pasta to the mix. Having the pasta cool and dry is important so that the sauce sticks really well! Cool, and enjoy!


So, thats the recipe..everyone let me know how you like it! And let me know if any of you add or take away anything to make it a little different or even better! (which is nearly impossible!) Here are the pictures I told you about.....

Yes, that is my SON with a PINK friggin' binkie!
This pic really doesn't give the gooser justice!



Here is my orange wall in my front room...with a black armoire and a black shelf! Waddya think??? Heres a close up.................. It's really not as bright orange as these make it look! Our house is a little dark and all of the other walls being brown make it darker, so I did NOT paint my walls neon orange, I swear!
And heres JJs wall.. I have yet to get the 6 inch white chair rail up... so just bear with the lack of a 'finished product' picture! This is the close up, and this next one shows his bookshelf underneath....

On top of his armoire, I put the name sign that Grandpa Campbell made little JJ, he calls him his little buckaroo, so I think this name sign will be something that will always be special too JJ!



This is just a random wall that I put a shelf that I found at DI up! I painted the little dogs and doghouse, and added a poem with JJ and "Gampa" (thats what JJ calls him) that I scrapbooked and framed.

So this is the end of the longest post in history..sorry to keep you, but I had to get it all in!

9 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Cute pics of your house! Show us more!

Anonymous said...

I love everything that you have done... you've been busy girl! Way cute!!

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU!
I got a blog too, come see!

-Cheryl

rickellespinoza said...

aww cute! I am glad to see some pics of the house since i haven't had a chance to see it in real life yet! hahaha. call me. we need to play... soon!!

Mandy said...

love the pics of your house. you have fun taste! show us more! :)

Kim said...

What a great color! Michelle did that same color in her baby's room! It look great with the black!

The Bishop Family said...

is this the salad you were supposed to make in parawon? it sounds good i will be trying it

Lenzi said...

yep, its the same salad! If only the TA had some canned fruit! haha

Emily said...

Love the orange! You are so dang creative!