Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick blog.... I need a "middle of the day vent session"

Just a quick blog today to, well, vent... I should have known this would be a frustrating day.. just by the way it started!

1. First, I got called out of my hour turbo kick class at the gym right in the middle by my hubby. If you have ever bought a house, you know that usually two days before you are supposed to close, the bank calls with some outrageous condition... One of course that you have to do THAT DAY. Well, our one and only condition before the bank would let us close, was to pay off the one and only loan that we have.... today. Ok, let me pull that out of my sweaty gym pants I am wearing ( remember, I was called out of class for this request!)...
2. Finally got the condition from the bank taken care of. Its lunch time now. What a fun day so far, right???
3. As per my daily routine.. It is noon now, and that means NAP TIME for JJ. So at THREE OCLOCK ( yes, three hours later)... hes asleep. That wasn't an annoying three hours or anything.
4. Now, I get to figure out how I can let the baby sleep... and pick Kyli up from school at the same time. Thought for a spilt second "Hes ok alseep, as long as I hurry". Nevermind. Bad idea. (yes I know, your thinking I should be crowned mother of the year). Have to call mom. Can you come watch him while I run get Kyli. Sure! she says.. Mom rocks!
5. Kyli gets home from school. Feels like the day may get long from here on out. Decided to clean out her backpack. Bad idea, considering the above ( 1-4) day I have already had.
6. Deicide to clean out back pack anyways. Find some stuff. Like three parent letters I should have recieved, O, a week ago. Found some " missing math assignments". That explains the D. Wow, now your really thinking " Mother of the year". I tell her, your almost 11 now, I can't move your hand and make you do things anymore when I'm not there, you have to do it. Hopefully one day that sinks in.
7. Its the end of the school year, I think I am slacking. Kyli is moving back to Vegas with her mom and I think I am just tired from this last year. Been pretty emotional and hard. Had my first born.. 4 weeks later, welcomed my second. She was 10. And in school. This year will be interesting, I thought. It's hard to take out 9 years of a child being raised a complete OPPOSITE way than I would ever raise my children, and try and change it in a matter of a year. Hence the reason that Kyli is moving back to Vegas. I gave it all I have. You cannot be more than you are, and I keep telling myself I am not a bad person, I am just only one person. I can't take the place of a mother.
8. So, I blogged. And let it all out.. I know build a bridge and get over it! O.. One more thing.. I need some advise. ANYONE HELP...........
9. I am the Ward Activity Days leader for the 10-11 year old girls. I have a partner who has basically told me in a round about way that she just doesnt have the time to do this. So, I am on my own, with 14 girls once a week..with a 17 month old baby. In a small house! Up until this week, I have just tried to be creative and have something fun for the girls to do.... But now, I am at a standstill. I can't find a website, book, anything that can give me some ideas.... So, If any of you are in primary, or have been, or are just creative...HELP!

OK Im done. I feel better! Thanks for reading. Im sure you all feel much better about your day now!!!!! MUAH!

9 comments:

rickellespinoza said...

oh lenzi! I know the whole kayli thing has been such a struggle from the beginning for you. You did all you could and you were/are a great mom. I am sorry that things didn't work out the way you all had hoped. I am glad that the closing on the house will be done soon, you guys so deserve it! I am still planning on getting together soon, and hopefully tomorrow will work! I love ya, and if you need anything call me!!!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

Oh Lenzi I am so sorry you had such a bummy day. It seems like if one thing goes wrong everything goes wrong. You are a great mother and I think it was a very hard thing you did taking on being a mom with Kyli. She appreciates you and all you do for her I am sure of it. It will pay off someday with Kyli all the good examples that you have set for her and the things you have taught her. It may not seem like it now, but someday. That is just what we have to tell ourselves with my neice and nephews, when they are with us we just try to set good examples and make them feel safe. It will all work out in the end cause you are a strong woman, I love your guts and you are doing an awesome job. I am glad you feel better now that you have vented. love ya!!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

hey i forgot check out www.sugardoodle.net for way cute ideas for activity days. i love that website for primary stuff.

VivaLasFloyds said...

Dang girl! That's a load. Not really knowing the whole story, I'm sure you've done your best with the mothering thing. You can't beat yourself up.
As far as activity days, sugardoodle.net is the best. Also try, theideadoor.com and jennysmith.net. And, why are you doing it weekly? It's only supposed to be done twice a month. That's double the work for you!
Hope you're having a better day today!

Cherine said...

I'm sorry about your day. I guess when it rains it pours!!!chin up girl things will work out. Hey you are a stud for mothering a 9 year old. You will be blessed for your efforts!!!

Emily said...

SO! I finally was able to get on your page without the "page not available" error! Sorry it took so long! I'm so glad you're blogging! I do love hair & can't wait to be done with school! Only a year left-humph. Love ya girl! Check www.theideadoor.com for activity day ideas. They have some great stuff. (I use it all the time!)

Anonymous said...

Oh... dont you love blog therapy! I so believe in it. Have your girls help you pack and move! ... Free labor... And yes you should be given the mother of the year award! You are a great Mom! Keep it up girl!! You are just banking the blessings from Heaven!!

Mandy said...

id say you had quite the day! i hope everything works out for the best!
i love sugardoodle.net for ideas as well. its awesom!

Steph said...

Hey Lenzi! It is your long lost neighbor (Stephanie Iverson, now Davis :) I found your blog from Carla, she is my neighbor now. What are the odds! Another activity day website is ldsactivitydays.org Hope you are loving the new house.